The winner of the Baileys Women’s Prize for Fiction 2016 was announced on Wednesday 8th June.
The winner is:
Lisa McInerney The Glorious Heresies
Congratulations. It’s on the tbr pile.
The Shadow Panel’s winner, on Writes of Woman blog was A God in Ruins by Kate Atkinson, not shortlisted by the official panel.
The shortlist for the Baileys Women’s Prize was:
- Cynthia Bond Ruby
- Anne Enright The Green Road
- Lisa McInerney The Glorious Heresies
- Elizabeth McKenzie The Portable Veblen
- Hannah Rothschild The Improbability of Love
- Hanya Yanagihara A Little Life
The Baileys Longlist for Women’s Fiction 2016:
- Kate Atkinson: A God in Ruins
- Shirley Barrett: Rush Oh!
- Cynthia Bond: Ruby
- Geraldine Brooks: The Secret Chord
- Becky Chambers: The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet
- Jackie Copleton: A Dictionary of Mutual Understanding
- Rachel Elliott: Whispers Through a Megaphone
- Anne Enright: The Green Road
- Petina Gappah: The Book of Memory
- Vesna Goldsworthy: Gorsky
- Clio Gray: The Anatomist’s Dream
- Melissa Harrison: At Hawthorn Time
- Attica Locke: Pleasantville
- Lisa McInerney: The Glorious Heresies
- Elizabeth McKenzie: The Portable Veblen
- Sara Nović: Girl at War
- Julia Rochester: The House at the Edge of the World
- Hannah Rothschild: The Improbability of Love
- Elizabeth Strout: My Name is Lucy Barton
- Hanya Yanagihara: A Little Life
To receive email notifications of future posts please subscribe by entering your email address in the box.