More recommended reads! In the Fiction Uncovered list every year, you can discover some less well-known good reads. The list aims to highlight the best of British fiction of all kinds, provide retail promotion as well as prize money to eight winners. Great writing to discover in their apt strapline. More information on the prize can be found here. It’s a source you might not otherwise hear of. I usually try and read at least one from the list.
Here is the longlist for 2015, announced on Tuesday 12th May. (For links click on the titles)
- A Man Lies Dreaming by Lavie Tidhar (Hodder & Stoughton)
- Animals by Emma Jane Unsworth (Canongate Books)
- Beastings by Benjamin Myers (Bluemoose Books)
- Dear Thief by Samantha Harvey (Jonathan Cape, Penguin Random House)
- Mobile Library by David Whitehouse (Picador, Pan Macmillan)
- Mother Island by Bethan Roberts (Chatto & Windus, Penguin Random House)
- Significance by Jo Mazelis (Seren Books)
- The Four Marys by Jean Rafferty (Saraband)
- The Incarnations by Susan Barker (Doubleday, Transworld)
- The Offering by Grace McCleen (Sceptre, Hodder & Stougton)
- The Redemption of Galen Pike by Carys Davies (Salt)
- The Spice Box Letters by Eve Makis (Sandstone Press)
- The Stray American by Wendy Brandmark (Holland Park Press)
- The Way Out by Vicki Jarrett (Freight Books)
- Wittgenstein Jr by Lars Iyer (Melville House UK)
Now, (drums fingers) what to choose ….?
The eight winners will be announced on Thursday 18th June. As with many prizes, however, we the readers are the winners because good books are being drawn to our attention. Read on!
To ensure you are notified of future blogposts please subscribe to email notifications by entering your email address in the box.